Many of you are undoubtedly unaware of this, but if you are a man, public transportation can serve a double purpose. It’s your meat market, too.
For some reason, being in the system is a free pass to evade all social norms regarding standard male-female interactions. It suddenly becomes appropriate to shout crude things at women, honk horns, offer rides to strangers, and ogle. I am selected, cut, wrapped, and sold on nearly a daily basis.
Here are a few tips to the ladies to stay out of the freezer:
- Forget tight clothing. Don’t even bother wearing clothes that fit at all. Stick to baggy attire, leave the belts at home. If you have leftover maternity-wear, try that.
- Wear your hair up. Even better, just shave it all off.
- Use make-up appropriately. Cosmetics don’t just have to be for looking beautiful. Use eye shadow on other parts of your face to make you appear dirty. Lip stick can be used to resemble open wounds. I recommend acquiring a small Halloween face paint kit and getting creative!
- Don’t make eye contact. In fact, just pretend you are blind. And deaf. And mute.
- Learn an exotic language. Sometimes it’s best to just pretend you don’t speak English. Take care to not accidentally speak to a native speaker of that language!
Ok, perhaps this post would better serve the male population. How to interact with women while using public transport: Read the rest of this entry